Our COVID-19 Response
We are open for limited hours and services. We ask that our patrons be mindful to limit their time in the building to help reduce traffic and maintain social distancing. Face coverings are required. If you are unable to wear a face covering, we can arrange curbside accommodations for you. Please use the outdoor book drop or designated containers inside the library to return materials. Returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours, and there will be a delay before items are removed from your account. We are currently not charging late fees for materials. Our community meeting room and genealogy research room are currently closed to the public.
We are offering these services to help you stay connected during this difficult time:
- Curbside materials checkout and pickup. Place materials on hold through your online account or over the phone. Call us at 804-443-4945 when you are on your way, and staff will take your materials outside for contactless pickup. You can also use our Book Bundles request form and pick up your bundles through curbside service.
- “Grab and Go” materials checkout is available inside the library.
- Book Bundles are available to help expedite your trip to the library. We can customize our Book Bundles to meet the needs of your family. Simply submit your order through our Book Bundles request form.
- Public computer and fax use by appointment. Call 804-443-4945 to reserve a computer or make an appointment for faxing.
- Public Wi-Fi network access from the parking lot. The password is posted on the front door. You may use your own device inside the library, but our furniture has been arranged to meet social distancing guidelines, and seating is limited.
- Curbside mobile printing services. Click here for mobile printing instructions. Exact change is required for payment. Call the library at 804-443-4945 for more information.
- A listing of upcoming virtual events and programs can be found on our event calendar.
Be sure to also check out our online resources. See our Research & Learn page for a variety of online classes and learning tools. Go to Read & Listen to learn how to access free e-books, audiobooks, and magazines with your library card.
Our current operating hours are:
Monday – Thursday
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
1:00 to 6:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.