Essex Public Library’s COVID-19 Response
We are now open for limited hours and services. We ask that patrons be mindful to limit their time in the building to help reduce traffic and maintain social distancing. Face coverings are required. Please use the outdoor book drop or designated containers inside the library to return materials. Returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours, and there will therefore be a delay before items are removed from your account. No late fees will be incurred during this time.
We currently offer these services:
- Virtual Summer Learning Program
- Curbside materials checkout and pickup. Place materials on hold through your online account or over the phone. Call us at 804-443-4945 when you are on your way, and staff will take your materials outside for contactless pickup. See our curbside takeout menu if you don’t have specific titles in mind to request but want a bundle of books or DVDs.
- “Grab and Go” materials checkout is available inside the library.
- Public computer and fax use by appointment only. Call 804-443-4945 to reserve a computer or make an appointment for faxing.
- Public Wi-Fi network access from the parking lot. The password is located on the front door.
- Curbside mobile printing services. Click here for mobile printing instructions. Exact change is required for payment. Call the library at 804-443-4945 for more information.
Our community meeting room and genealogy research room are closed to the public.
Our current operating hours are:
Monday – Thursday
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
1:00 to 6:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.