April 4 – 10 is National Library Week, a time to celebrate our nation’s libraries and promote library use and support. Help us celebrate–tell us what you love about your public library. Your comments will be collected and shared with policymakers in Essex County and across the region. Thank you for your support!
We are open for express and “grab & go” service!
We are happy to announce that Essex Public Library is re-opening to the public for express services on Monday, April 5, 2021.
- Express services include browsing for materials, checkout, computer use, printing, copying, and faxing. No appointments are needed.
- Building capacity is limited and patrons are asked to limit their time in the building to 1 hour. There will be limited seating available.
- Face coverings are required for everyone over age 2. If you are unable to wear a face mask, we will gladly provide accommodations through curbside service.
- Curbside service will continue.
- Return items to the outdoor book drop or designated bins indoors.
- All returned items will be quarantined for 24 hours.
- Overdue fees will not be charged at this time.
- The community meeting room is CLOSED to the public.
- If you feel sick or have any respiratory symptoms, please do not come into the building! Use curbside service or visit us another day.
- Donations are welcome – however, please limit your donation to 2 bags or boxes.
We are also offering these services to help you stay connected during the pandemic:
- Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot lending.
- Public Wi-Fi network access from the parking lot. The password is posted on the front door.
- A listing of upcoming virtual events and programs can be found on our event calendar.
- See our Research & Learn page for a variety of online classes and learning tools.
- Go to Read & Listen to learn how to access free e-books, audiobooks, and magazines with your library card.
Our current operating hours are:
Monday – Thursday
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
1:00 to 6:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.