Get a library card
NEW! We now have an online library card application form.
Getting a library card is totally free! You are eligible for an Essex Public Library card if you:
- Are a resident of Essex County,
- Own property in Essex County,
- Work in Essex County, or
- Are a resident of any adjoining county.
Children under 16 who are able to print or write their name may get a library card with permission from a parent or guardian.
What is required to get a library card?
- A photo ID with your current address on it, or
- Proof of current address, such as a bill or lease.
Download a library card application here.