Meeting Room Policy
The meeting room may be made available to organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual or charitable activities on a first-come, first-serve basis. The dates and times of such meetings must be scheduled in advance.
The fact that a group is permitted to use the meeting room does not constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs. The library reserves the right to refuse the use of the meeting room to any group whose history indicates they might be physically destructive.
There is a charge of $10.00 per hour or portion of an hour when meetings are after regular library hours. The library will be vacated no later than 9 p.m.
- Groups wishing to use the meeting room must fill out an application form prior to the meeting although the reservation may be made by phone, online or in person.
- Applications will be considered on a first-come first-serve basis with Library programs having first priority.
- Applicants must be at least twenty-one (21) years old.
- Groups are responsible for cleaning all areas they use. Food and beverages are permitted, trash must be removed.
- No alcoholic beverages or smoking are permitted in the building.
- The group is responsible for any damages to the premises or equipment incurred by group members. Library staff must be notified of damage immediately.
- For-profit groups may book the room with the understanding that no admission fee will be charged, no products will be demonstrated or sold and no money will be exchanged.
- Group/organizations wishing to use the meeting room must submit any/all promotional or advertising materials for their scheduled event prior to use. Such advertising may not suggest or imply in any way that the library is in any way sponsoring the group.
- Reservations are to be made on an annual basis and for no more than 12 months prior to use. Each group must resubmit reservations each January. Each group is limited to one meeting per month. Exceptions shall include, but are not limited to:
- Census workers needing temporary meeting space
- Groups wishing to schedule multiple days per week for fewer than three weeks.
- Groups not honoring the above guidelines shall have future requests for use of meeting room denied.
January 16, 2014